Real Estate Law
Our team are experts in the complex procedures of closing the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties, including condominiums.
We also know how this process can be stressful for our clients. We strive to make this process as seamless and stress-free as possible – handling everything for you, so you don’t have to.
In each of our closings, we will:
- review and fulfil all mortgage instructions from any bank or trust company
- conduct relevant title searches
- draft and prepare all closing documents.
Commercial Purchase and Sale
In a commercial transaction, we will ensure that the transaction closes smoothly, and your investment is setup in the right way from the beginning. Commercial deals are inherently complex, often involving multiple people with varying tax, family and business arrangements. We help our commercial clients:
- create holding & operating companies;
- structure partnership, shareholder agreements and trusts;
- advise on family law matters relating to the transaction; and,
- arrange financing and underwriting options.
Residential Purchase and Sale
In a residential transaction, we will act as your shield against any mistakes that might affect you in the future.
- assist you in exploring different options, whether through conventional lenders or private mortgages. Our lawyers will present you with options for the best ways to get loans or financing
- help you decide whether to purchase title insurance for the transaction
- Review and fulfil all mortgage instructions from any bank or trust company
- Double-check that all terms and conditions are fulfilled, and ensure that there are no hidden contractual terms
- Conduct relevant title searches on your behalf
- Draft all closing documents
- Remain with you until you put pen to paper, and the transaction closes.
Whether you are buying or selling a condominium, we can provide you with the knowledge to help you understand your rights.
In addition, we also represent condominium developers and offer speciality real estate services for those involved in condominium development and condominium management.
We can assist you with:
- Review and drafting of Agreements of Purchase and Sale
- Review and drafting of status certificate or condominium declaration
- Legal advice for construction and development financing (equity capital, mortgage, syndication)
- Site plan approval and zoning applications
- Condominium Authority Tribunal (CAT) applications and litigation
- Management, negotiation and mediation of condominium board issues
- Drafting of condominium bylaws.