The fundamentals of the music business – the revenue models, branding strategies, and deal points – have changed. What has not changed, however, is that your music, film or creative venture is a business which needs to be protected, promoted and commercialized.
At Aura LLP, we specialize in:
- Music Law
- Film & Media Law
We regularly review, draft and negotiate all manner of music industry agreements. We help our music clients monetize their brand and intellectual assets, and we actively source deals and develop new career opportunities. We are also transactional lawyers, representing promoters and talent buyers in cross-border transactions for major Canadian and international tours.
Our services include:
- Drafting, review & negotiation of industry agreements, including:
- Band Agreements
- Producer Agreements
- Beat “leasing” & licensing agreements
- Songwriting/collaboration agreements
- Merchandising agreements
- Record deals
- Distribution and licensing deals
- Publishing and sync deals
- “360” Deals
- Artist development, branding and intellectual asset management strategies
- Music catalogue valuation, purchase, and sale
Film & Media Law
We represent and counsel clients in the development, management, and protection of their film and media properties, including registration and clearance of copyrights and trade-marks, structuring corporate entities, and reviewing and negotiating industry contracts.
- Film financing and grant development
- Option agreements
- E&O insurance and clearance
- Licensing agreements
Read more about our Intellectual Property practice here.